The Play by the Rules magazine is a free online magazine for people interested in safe, fair and inclusive sport issues. The magazine comes in three different formats - a Flip Book with embedded media, a PDF version with links and a plain text version. The Flip Book version of each magazine is only available for 12 months following publication.
In each Issue there are news updates, feature articles and Play by the Rules course and resource profiles. Take a look below for the latest Issue and all back Issues - there are some great articles and resources to access in this growing library. The best way to keep up-to-date is to subscribe to Play by the Rules and you'll be notified when new Issues are ready.
Issue 6: December 2014
- Supplements - the real story
- Play by the Rules - that was the year that was
- When good parents turn ugly
- Child protection: the international transfer of minors in football
Issue 5: October 2014
- Top 6 issues for Play by the Rules readers
- Keeping our most vulnerable children safe
- Is your door open to everyone?
- A guide to the Sporting Organisation Award 2010
Issue 4: August 2014
- Can a confession lead to change?
- When tragedy strikes
- Embedding inclusive delivery habits with local providers
- Tips and tricks for office holders of incorporated associations
Issue 3: June 2014
- Clubs put peurile parents on notice
- Landmark report on homophobia
- Hitting the mark on safe, fair and inclusive sport
- Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Issues in Sport: Membership of Private Sporting Organisations
Issue 2: April 2014
- Getting your message across - You Can Play
- Touching in sport - a very touchy topic
- Women filling the sport governance gap
- Member Protection – a closer look at bullying in sport and the law
Issue 1: February 2014
- Sexism still the 'ism' most prominent in sport
- Bystander Intervention Project
- No place for bullies