The Play by the Rules magazine is a free online magazine for people interested in safe, fair and inclusive sport issues. The magazine comes in three different formats - a Flip Book with embedded media, a PDF version with links and a plain text version. The Flip Book version of each magazine is only available for 12 months following publication.
In each Issue there are news updates, feature articles and Play by the Rules course and resource profiles. Take a look below for the latest Issue and all back Issues - there are some great articles and resources to access in this growing library. The best way to keep up-to-date is to subscribe to Play by the Rules and you'll be notified when new Issues are ready.
Issue 15: May 2016
Special Issue: Supplements – know what you are doing!
In this special issue we answer 17 frequently asked questions about the use of supplements at grassroots level of sport.
To find out more and download this special issue click here
Issue 14: April 2016
- The Water Polo Pride Cup celebrates diversity, inclusion and quality in sport
- National sporting codes combine to address violence against women
- What underpins parents boorish behaviour?
- Safety for children: Working with Children Checks
Issue 13: February 2016
- Illicit Drugs in Sport Online Education Program kicks off new approach to beating illicit drugs
- Issues that arise from the use of social media
- Sport without integrity is deceit on steroids
- Does your sporting organisation practice best practice?
Issue 12: December 2015
- The power of sport: building social bridges and breaking down cultural barriers
- Communities build sport: three things we can learn from the Fiji Volleyball Federation
- How powerful is sport?
- Best practice disciplinary procedures
Issue 11: October 2015
- Forum on mental health and depression in sport
- A sense of perspective and the things that matter
- Supporting mental wellness
- Social media: considerations for sporting bodies
Issue 10: August 2015
- Valuing an athletes right to speak up
- Starting a conversation about inclusion
- When interests collide - dealing with conflicts of interest
Issue 9: June 2015
- Winning is important, but...
- Conversation needed on transphobia in sport
- Reflections on the Safeguarding the Integrity of Sport Forums
- The pregnant player: where duty meets discrimination
Issue 8: April 2015
- A complete approach to safeguarding the integrity of sport
- What really matters and why
- No cause for complacency on match-fixing
- Fair play: the importance of following a fair process in employee disciplinary matters
Issue 7: February 2015
- Wise Words
- Culture in Progress
- Getting Your Culture Right - Introducing UGRs
- Anti-smoking laws and sporting venues
Issue 6: December 2014
- Supplements - the real story
- Play by the Rules - that was the year that was
- When good parents turn ugly
- Child protection: the international transfer of minors in football